Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Technology Philosophy

As I embark on my new adventures I am taking a second look at my educational technology philosophy. For those who do not know I will be teaching technology (which includes the use of computers, software and including it into the curriculum) for second through fourth grade in the Bronx borough of New York City come this fall. After receiving the news that I would be teaching technology I have started to think about what I want my curriculum and instruction to look like. Thus, I have started to define what I think is important. Here it is.....



Teaching technology in the 21st century.


First and foremost, technology needs to be integrated. Technology needs to be come part of the ever day inside the classroom so our students can be up to date on the latest technology outside the classroom. Along with integrating technology on a daily basis, the technology integration needs to work along side the curriculum. If we are integrating technology in time, it needs to also be in line with the curriculum. Everything in the curriculum can be done with technology one way or another. As long as the technology is not being pushed into the classroom without a purpose, the instruction will be purposful. Next, our students need to learn to type. Typing is an important skill that each child should learn, in multiple situations. Typing programs are vital to typing correctly, but real world experiences (typing papers for class, 'im'ing, and other real life situations) are the most valuable time in learning to type efficiently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home